English Course in Dublin, GraftonIreland
Below we explain the different courses the school offers, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs
The General English course is the most popular and requested by students. It is a perfectly structured course aimed at ensuring the fundamental basis for the learning of the language, both written and spoken. Providing all the necessary education to master the language in any context. The course also aims at improving students’ communication skills in fluency terms when having to interact with native speakers and/or colleagues from other parts of the world. All this is achieved by accompanying the classes with the use of specific materials and group activities. The classes hold a maximum of 15 students, although the average is usually 10-12 students.
- 15-hour/week General English Course (9:30-12:45): English Classes focused on oral communication covering the four main linguistic skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing, as well as grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. The courses are highly participatory and provide practical language skills for effective ‘everyday’ communication. In this course, teachers also provide Cambridge/IELTS Preparation exercises so that students have the opportunity to practice areas of these internationally recognized exams.
- 20-hour/week General + Conversation Combination (9:30-14:00): General English classes from 9:30-12:45 plus a conversation and fluency practice extra hour 13:00-14:00.
- 25-hour/week Intensive Course (M-F 9:30-14:00 / T-Th 15:00-17:30): General English classes are from 9.30-14.00 from Monday to Friday, in addition to an afternoon class in small groups (up to 8 students) from 15.00-17.30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This course is perfect for students who want to maximize their English language development.
- 15-hour/week IELTS Course (9:30-12:45): Academic English Course designed for students who want to enroll in higher education courses in English, sit IELTS or improve their academic English skills for both their studies and work. This course is suitable for students who aspire to a global IELTS score between 7.0 and 8.0. Level required: C1/C2.
- 15-hour/week FCE Course (9:30-12:45): The course combines B2 level language development with the specific practice of the FCE exam and understanding exam strategies, so that each week, students can acquire the necessary skills in the parts of the exam. Level required: CEFR B2 | Cambridge FCE. It does not include exam fee.
- 20-hour/week General + Business Combination (9:30-15:00): General English classes from 9:30-12:45 plus a Business English extra hour 14:00-15:00.
The levels available in all courses are: Initiation (CEFR A1), Pre-Intermediate (CEFR A2 | Cambridge KET), Intermediate (CEFR B1 | Cambridge PET), Upper-Intermediate (CEFR B2 | Cambridge FCE), Advanced (CEFR C1 | Cambridge CAE).
ACCOMMODATION AND FACILITIES
Staying with an Irish family is a perfect choice for all those people interested in practising their English outside the classroom. In addition, it offers you the opportunity to interact with another culture and learn about their customs. All families are carefully selected to ensure the well-being of students. In general, families tend to be young couples with or without children, single parents, or retired couples with children who no longer live at home.Most of the host families are located in residential areas, well connected with the school by public transport, commuting time averages 25-40 minutes. Accommodation in host family includes half board (breakfast and dinner), with single or double room (if you are accompanied by someone). If the student has any special needs, requires a particular diet, is allergic to animals, etc., we must be notified at booking so that we can find a family that fits such needs (Supplemental Charge).
Should you prefer so, you can also stay in a shared apartment/house in single room. These accommodations are located in the center of the city, a 15 to 20-minute walk from the school. It is likely you will share the house with the owner and other students. You will be provided with your own key. Bed linen is provided and you will have access to the kitchen.
The school lies in a privileged location in the center of Dublin in a beautiful historic building, at a five-minute walk from the main shopping area in Dublin: Grafton Street. The school is recognized by ACELS, accreditation of educational quality for the teaching of English in Ireland. We know how important it is for our students to enjoy learning English and also make the most of their time in Dublin. The school is located in the center of Dublin in the proximity of many bars, cafés, shops, concert halls and cultural interest sites. There will not be classes on the following holidays in 2017: January 2nd, March 17th, April 17th, May 1st, June 5th, August 7th, October 30th, December 25th and 26th.
The Leisure Time team organizes activities every week so that you have the opportunity to discover the city and socialise with the rest of students from different nationalities, who are attending the school. Some of these activities are free and others are carried out at a special price for our students:
- Irish Pub Nights with Irish music.
- Guided visits to sites outside Dublin – Glendalough, Howth, Malahide Castle, Cliffs of Moher, Belfast, Galway, Kilkenny.
- Cinema in Dublin’s city center.
- Visits to cultural and historical sites in Dublin, including the Guinness Storehouse, Dublin Castle and the National Museum of Ireland.
How to get to Dublin
Thanks to the cheap flights offered by the Irish airline Ryanair and Aer Lingus, Dublin has become an ideal destination to go on an English language course from any point of Spain. The quickest and cheapest way to get to Dublin is by plane. Currently, there are many low cost companies flying to Dublin, such as Ryanair, Vueling, Germanwings or Norwegian. To get to Dublin you can use direct buses that take between 25 and 30 minutes to get to the city center. There are 2 options: Aircoach or Airlink 747. There are three bus lines that take you to the airport: 16, 41 and 102. Disadvantages of the buses are they make more stops, are slower and do not allow you to carry a lot of luggage (big suitcases). The taxi fare from the airport to the center of Dublin is between €25 and €35, depending on the time of day and traffic.
Quick viewProgramme Features
ENGLISH CLASSES: In groups of different nationalities according to chosen program.
LEVEL TEST: on arrival at the school and certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
HOST FAMILY ACCOMMODATION: in single or double room, or shared apartments in a single room with shared bathroom.
MAXIMUM: 15 STUDENTS PER CLASS.
HALF BOARD IN HOST FAMILY ACCOMMODATION
WIFI FREE WI-FI: at school.
APOYO LOCAL TEAM SUPPORT: throughout your stay and Enseñalia’s Emergency phone number.