English Course in TorbayUnited Kingdom
General and Intensive English Courses
General and Intensive English Courses are ideal for anyone who wants to learn from beginner level to someone who only needs to review their knowledge of English language. Courses start on every Monday and, because we want to adapt to the needs of each student, this course is available in two formats: General (15 hours per week) or Intensive (22.5 hours per week). In addition, if you feel that you are not a teenager any more, you will be able to attend our Over-30 General English Course ((15 hours per week), with specific dates between the following dates (10.04.17-28.04.17; 14.08.17-22.09.17). If you want to progress in your studies, you might like the preparatory courses for examinations such as IELTS, TOEIC and Cambridge (FCE, CAE, CPE) exams Preparatory Courses. Exam Preparation Courses have fixed dates with the option of taking the exam at the end of the training. These last for 6 or 10 weeks depending on the student´s starting level .
- FCE (22,5h/wk): 6 weeks B2 (30 Jan, 24 Apr, 17 Jul, 16 Oct) or 10 weeks B1 (2 Jan, 27 Mar, 19 Jun, 18 Sep). Provisional Exam Dates: 10 Mar, 6 Jun, 24 Aug, 18 Nov.
- CAE (22,5h/wk): 6 weeks C1 (30 Jan, 24 Apr, 17 Jul, 16 Oct) or 10 weeks B2 (2 Jan, 27 Mar, 19 Jun, 18 Sep). Provisional Exam Dates: 11 mar, 7 Jun, 25 Aug, 29 Nov.
- CPE (22,5h/wk): 6 weeks C2 (30 Jan, 24 Apr, 16 Oct) or 10 weeks C1 (2 Jan, 27 Mar, 18 Sep). Provisional Exam Dates: 11 Mar, 8 Jun, 30 Nov.
- General English + IELTS (15+7,5h/wk): 4 weeks or longer (Start on every Monday). Frequent Monthly Exam Dates.
- General English + TOEIC (15+7,5h/wk): 2 weeks (Starting on every month’s first Monday). No exam available.
Medical English and English for Travel and Tourism
Currently offering a Medical English course and an English for Travel and Tourismcourse. These courses have been designed to provide you with the vocabulary and language skills to work in these industries in an English-speaking country. The aim of the school is to provide high quality education to all the people who wish to learn English in the United Kingdom. Assurance of this is they actually are a teacher training centre -where you may also go for your CELTA certification courses if your dream were to become an ESL teacher yourself.
- Medical English (15h/wk): 2 weeks (06.03.17-17.03.17; 02.10.17-13.10.17).
- English for Travel and Tourism (15h/wk): 2 weeks (06.02.17-17.02.17; 04.09.17-15.09.17).
Being a teacher training centre, you are guaranteed that all teachers are qualified and comprehensively prepared; therefore, if you want to learn English in the United Kingdom, this is just another reason to make the school in Torbay the perfect choice for you.
ACCOMMODATION AND FACILITIES
This accommodation is perfect for students who want to learn about local people and immerse themselves in English culture. Offering a single room (double on request if you go with another person) in a host family. Half Board (breakfast and dinner). Families often live in residential areas of Torbay, so students often commute by public transport to school (30-minute journey). Bus service covers all Torbay. a weekly ticket costs around £17.
HALLS OF RESIDENCE
You can stay in the hall of residence in a perfect location on the coast, just a 10-minute walk from the school. It has a spacious shared kitchen where you can cook and enjoy meals with your classmates, a lounge with a pool table and a spacious garden with stunning views of the bay. The minimum age to reserve a single or double room in this hall for international students is 18. The hall features: Single or twin rooms (on request if you are accompanied) with en-suite bathroom, common kitchen and common TV and living areas, , Wi-Fi, laundry (with charge) and the garden overlooking the sea. Check-in on Sunday, checkout on Saturday.
Other accommodation options
- Summerhill Hotel: This family-run hotel overlooks Goodrington Sands Beach and is at a 10-minute walk from the school. It offers quality service and a relaxing atmosphere. Single or double rooms (if come accompanied) with en-suite bathroom. Breakfast is included. Dinners are available at an additional cost. There is no kitchen for students. Free Wi-Fi and a laundry service (surcharge).
- St. Marguerite Guest House: Single or double rooms with beautiful décor and en-suite bathroom, just a five-minute walk from the school and the beach. Breakfast is included and free Wi-Fi.
- Wentworth Guest House: This family-run hotel offers views of Goodrington Beach and offers quality service and a relaxing atmosphere. It is located at a 15-minute walk from the school. Single or double rooms with en-suite bathroom. There is no kitchen for students. Wi-Fi access is available.
The school is located in a historic building with modern and bright classrooms and free Wi-Fi for all students. The meeting place in the school is the dining room. This is a fabulous place to get together with your new friends from all over the world, practise your English and indeed enjoy its delicious food, drinks and snacks.
The school has an open kitchen during the day and offers a varied international cuisine with healthy and nutritious dishes. Coffee and tea are included. It is located only 10 minutes from the city center, being the perfect place to learn and meet students from all over the world. The school is accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English in the UK, and is a member of English UK, the world leader in language teaching. Non-recoverable Holidays: 14.04.17, 17.04.2017, 01.05.2017; 29.05.17; and the 28.08.17. As well as from 23.12.2017 to 07.01.2018.
Being such a popular holiday destination, Torbay has a lot to offer, and while you are learning English, you will also live unforgettable adventures. To effectively ease this aspect, the school in Torbay has a weekly Free Time Programme offering a variety of different activities from Monday to Saturday. On the day of your arrival to school, you will be offered a free welcome visit to Torbay, which will help you to learn more about the area, and throughout your stay you can sign up for activities, such as evening outings to local pubs, exploring the surrounding countryside or visiting historic sites in the area. Some activities are free and others at a charge if you wish to join. During the weekend, you will have the opportunity to get away even more, with full day trips to Bath, Oxford, Rosamunde Pilcher’s Cornwall and many other popular destinations in the UK, without forgetting the stunning Dartmoor, which is not far from Torbay.
Quick viewProgramme Features
ENGLISH CLASSES: In groups of different nationalities according to chosen programme.
LEVEL TEST: on arrival at the school and certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
HOST FAMILY ACCOMMODATION: in single or double room, or shared apartments in a single room with shared bathroom.
MAXIMUM 15 STUDENTS PER CLASS
HALF BOARD IN HOST FAMILY ACCOMMODATION
FREE WIFI: at school and Hall of Residence
LOCAL TEAM SUPPORT: throughout your stay and Ensenalia’s Emergency phone number
How to get to Torbay
Flights are available to the nearby airports of Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, or London. Then:
- Bus: Torbay is 40 minutes from Exeter and 50 minutes from Plymouth by bus. The next airport is Bristol, which is 2h and 45 min from Torbay. Major London airports Heathrow and Gatwick are just less than 5 hours away.
- By train: From London you can get a direct train to Torbay from Paddington station, and there are direct buses from Heathrow and Gatwick, or you can take the Heathrow Express service (every 15 minutes).
The fast train from Paddington to Torquay takes around 2 hours and 40 minutes. The slow train takes around 4 hours and 20 minutes.
- Meet and Greet (Sunday): The school in Torbay offers a “Meet & Greet” pick up service at the airport, with somebody who will meet you at arrivals, and take you to your bus. Once you arrive in Torbay, someone else will meet you and take you to your accommodation. See terms and conditions here.
We offer optional services, if you are interested in any of them, please let us when you sign up:
- Airport pick-up Service (check rates)
- Multi-assistance Insurance (see rates and coverages)
- Cancellation Insurance (see rates and coverage). You can only hire it along with your course reservation, note it cannot be hired afterwards.